Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: How do you organize scanlations?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member ikkitousen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks for the great tips all =)

    I'm hoarding downloads like crazy and..for the time being, everything is classified under Read and UnRead, Completed and UnCompleted translations.
    (lol I know im gonna be soo sorry later on, but im too darned lazy)

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Yuy Ren's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2003
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ..... I've about 3 GB of manga on my computer.... and considering I don't keep a lot of them [especially the really graphic, but REALLY GOOD, yaoi manga's]. BUt counting them, i think i've got about 6 GB of manga..... hehe. I just put it in a folder called scanlations then it goes by title for the ones incomplete, for complete ones, i've got a folder, and for ones i've burned on Cd but am reluctant to delete off my comp [img]tongue.gif[/img] . And everything i download starts in the Misc. Folder... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Yuy

  3. #13
    Inactive Member aramaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2003
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wow~ all of you are avid collectors o__0
    for me...I don't collect images ... only manga scanlations which is 3gb heavy ...don't bother to save those series I don't like...

    first of all..I'm a subfolder freak xDDD

    1.dump ALL manga zips into a folder called manga
    2.sort them and dump them into their genres (for me it's miscelaneous eg. shounen and shoujo and yaoi/shounen-ai eg. shota xDDD )
    3.from there,sort them according to mangaka (only my fav. mangaka have their own folders...the rest goes to misc. folder )
    4.unknown? put them into miscellaneous folder
    5.after that...for the final touch, if the series has 2 or more zip files, put them into a folder with the title

  4. #14
    Inactive Member
    How do you organize scanlations?


    Terra--kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2003
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That sounds like my process too yakitori.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member
    How do you organize scanlations?


    Terra--kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2003
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    heh... back home (where most of my files still are) I had a folder for pics. THen I had folders for Anime, Web-comics, Pics From Friends and so on. Webcomics and anime are separated into series. Anime series are separeted into season/character/group images/uncategorized images/good guys/bad guys...

    Then there is also my Assotred anime folder that is categorized by kind of image and within that my "Secret" folder with all my hentai and yaoi which is categorized by subject matter.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member SakuraSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have one giant manga folder and in them I have subtitles based on volumes and title.
    Like I have a folder for Ludwig kakumei but 3 folders for Alichino. One for each volume. ^_^

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Kaze-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This just needlessly reminds me that girls are unnecessarily complicated. The actual zip files go to my desktop (only because my comp won't let me open stuff from a temporary folder for some reason, so even things like zip and torrent files have to be downloaded). After the unzipping, I delete the original zip files, as, if I'm not mistaken, it still takes up useless space, and if I really want to send to someone (though I'll probably just point them to it online) I can always rezip it myself.

    The stuff usually just gets unzipped to the huge "unzipped" folder (the default) because I'm lazy. There, it's already been unzipped as folders labelled with the titles. If I get too much other stuff in there along with it, then I might make a seperate subfolder for manga. It seems fine that way to me, but I've never been too big on organization (sterotypical of being a guy, I know).

    What I really don't get is, why classify it by all this other stuff before doing so by title? I can understand seperating genres if you avidly read more than 2 or 3 different ones, but let's look at some of the other suggestions here...

    Organize by mangaka? If I really like a particular mangaka's work, I'll remember what titles are hers, I should hope.

    By scanlator (or distributor, but they're often the same)? Maybe I'm just weird, but it doesn't really matter to me who's scanlated it as long as it's at least mostly accurate.

    So...yeah.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Jojjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm a bit of a control-freak. Or perfectionist, if you will.
    I used to organize most of my things in folders, subfolders etc. but recently, I just can't be bothered.
    As for scanlations - I've got one big folder for scanlations. In that, I usually create one folder for each title, and in that, one for each chapter - or store the unzipped files there. I can't let them stay on the desktop - I share my computor with my parents and two younger sisters.
    Actually, the pictures I've downloaded are much more organized than my scanlations. ^.^;;

    Nowadays, I usually go by the term of "organized chaos". ^.^
    It means that it looks messy, amd it is messy, but you've got perfect control anyway.
    And if someone, say your parents, would do you the favour of "cleaning up" for you - the "order" and control you had will be gone forever.
    Ex:
    "Mooooom! Where's my chemistry book?!"
    "In the bookshelf, as it should be."
    "No, it shouldn't be! It should be under the left pillow at the bottom of my bed, under the math book..." etc.

    Subfolders are nice, but I lost interest in them after organizing all of my dad's midi files one summer. 10846 files and 12+ subfolders later I swore to never be that overly organized again.
    It lasted about three hours. -.-;;

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Crystallyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2003
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Woohoo, found a person as obsessed as I am with subfolders!! Heehee, I tend to get so complicated with folders and subfolders and more folders, etc.

    Anyway, my system. I have one folder I call 'Misc Manga'. That's for the zipped up unread stuff I get off the web. After I unzip them, I have a folder named 'Manga'. Then a subfolder 'Yaoi' then lots of subfolders 'Group_Name' (except of course, it would be the actual group names: S-C, Nakama, etc.). Then I have folders by Author name, except for Nakama. Nakama gets more subfolders. One is 'Series' and the other is 'Singles'. Then, in those folders go the Titles (not authors).

    Yeah, it's complicated. I'm sure I could simplify it, but.... I'm also lazy, and that would be too much work. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    ~Crystal
    (eyeing the huge amounts of stuff in the 'Misc Manga' folder in shock [img]eek.gif[/img] )

  10. #20
    Inactive Member aramaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2003
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yep,yep...I have this weird habit of organising my manga by the mangaka ^^;; yaoi or just the usual stuffs, I can mostly remember who's done which titles...(yakitori---obsessed with manga..especialy the ones with great artworks) soo...I guess it must be becos I've drooled over too many bishies that somehow I've managed to differentiate the drawing styles xDDD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •